To be honest, I haven’t been paying a lot of attention lately because I’ve been reading a lot and applying for jobs and such so I was completely surprised and honored when Morgan over at Hopeless Book Addict nominated me for The Blogger Recognition Award! It really made my day!
The award itself was originally created by Eve over at Edge of Night and I want to thank Morgan again for the nomination.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I started off last summer by challenging myself to read a book every week throughout the entire summer. Every time I would finish a book I would take a picture, post it on Instagram, and write something brief about what I thought of the book. Throughout the fall and winter I would continue to do that even though I no longer had the time to read a book every week.
Fast forward to February where I just finished To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I did what I usually do and posted on Instagram and later that night one of my friends posted on my Facebook wall saying that I should start a blog. At first I thought it was a crazy idea until I kept getting likes, comments, and IMs telling me I should do it.
Almost five months later, here we are! Just recently I reached 100 followers, which is completely insane to me. I started this for fun so to think that people that I’ve never met are actually interested enough to read what I have to say is crazy. I probably don’t say it enough but I really appreciate all of you and I want to thank you all for everything!
My piece of advice:
- Blog for yourself and write about what you want! If you aren’t happy with your content, pick something else. Maybe try a new layout or different text formatting or even try a different topic!
- Analee at Book Snacks
- Maria at Big City Bookworm
- The Girl Who Reads
- Shelbie at Lu-Lu’s Rants and Reads
- Charlene at Grab Life by the Pages
- Cátia at The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Brittany Marie at brittanymariereads
- Hadjar at Many Reads
- Charlotte at charlottebibliophile
- Ashley at What’s She Reading?
- Reisa at Rei’sa Al Ghul
- Kay at The Desert Bibliophile
- Jade at BookMuffin
- Elly at A Hufflepuff’s Thoughts
Congrats to you all!